Monday, April 26, 2010

Vision

From time to time I'll be posting info about Cross Cultural Solutions/New Delhi/Nursing as well as upcoming fund raising events and contribution rewards. I researched a number of organizations before deciding that CCS was the right fit for me.

So, here are a couple of quick facts I feel are important to share...

* CCS has no political or religious affiliations.
* CCS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) in the U.S., and a registered charity (No: 1106741) in the U.K. and a registered non-profit corporation (Federal Corporation No. 4458 10-9) in Canada (100% of contributions made through my sponsor page are documented and tax deductible).
* CCS was founded in 1995 and is a recognized leader in the field of international volunteering.

Before I really start hounding folks for donations, I wanted to discuss the vision of CCS and my reasons for becoming an International Volunteer.


CCS Vision Statement: "Our vision is of a world where people value cultures different from their won, are aware of global issues and are empowered to affect positive change" (Sing it!!!)

So, really...why volunteer? Why overseas?

Well...dreams of traveling and changing the face of American "Health" Care with integrative medicine and nutrition aside, there's really a simple reason for me to do it: international volunteerism provides support to communities through hands on service and cultural exchange.

CCS places their volunteers in local organizations, which communicates that the local people, their work and their cause are important on global level. This sort of presence shows support, solidarity, while also allowing all parties to become inspired and aware of the world around them. I'll be learning about grassroots development and local culture/medicine so that when I return home I'll be able to educate others about the reality of the country/culture in which I'll be serving.

Pretty awesome.



Bahai Lotus Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment